SHURE ULTIMATE MIC VAULT GIVEAWAY
LIMITED TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Shure Ultimate Mic Vault Giveaway (“Giveaway” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of Canada (including the Province of Quebec), who are legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Void where prohibited or restricted by law or in a manner inconsistent with these Official Rules. Employees of Shure Incorporated (“Sponsor”), Long & McQuade Limited, their affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, authorized dealers, licensees, advertising and promotion agencies, including Marden-Kane, Inc. (the “Administrator”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, grandparents and children, and the spouses and “step” relatives of each, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households whether related or not, are not eligible. All applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- TIMING: The Giveaway begins at 12:00:00 AM ET on May 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on May 31, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”). Computer designated by Sponsor is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, visit https://p.shure.com/ultimatemicvault-en (the “Website”) and follow the instructions to complete and submit the online entry form to receive one entry (the “Entry”) into the random drawing. Limit one (1) Entry per person. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding. All Entries are the property of the Sponsor.
- RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing to select winners will be conducted by the Administrator on or about June 6, 2022, from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The Administrator will attempt to contact potential winners via phone and/or email and such potential winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively “Documents”) in a manner and within the time specified by the Administrator. In order to be eligible to receive a prize, potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance, whether mechanical or otherwise, in a manner solely determined by the Sponsor. All completed Documents must be received by the Administrator within 5 days (including Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays) of attempted delivery of same, unless otherwise specified. Failure to return required Documents or respond to a notification within the time specified, return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event a potential winner is deemed ineligible or is unable to claim the prize as specified, the potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected. An entrant is not deemed a winner of any prize unless and until (i) the entrant’s eligibility has been verified, (ii) all requirements determined by the Sponsor to claim a prize have been fulfilled, and (iii) the entrant has been notified that the verification process is complete. Only three (3) random drawings to select alternate winners (if necessary) will be conducted, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded. Prizes will be awarded within 6 to 8 weeks of winner confirmation unless otherwise noted. No correspondence will be entered into with non-winning entrants.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”). Five (5) prizes are available to be won as follows: each Winner will receive a bundle of Shure products consisting of the following microphones: SM7B, Beta58A, KSM8, KSM137 Pair, KSM32, KSM44, KSM313 (visit www.shure.com for product details). Total ARV of each prize is $5,922 CAD. Total value of all prizes available to be won in this Giveaway is $29,610 CAD. The ARV is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace and is based on the fair market value of the prize at the time the Official Rules are published. Winners are not entitled to any difference between the ARV stated herein and the value of the prize at the time the prize is awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute where lawful, a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. No substitutions or transfer of prize by winner permitted.
Winners will be solely responsible for any applicable taxes/duties and any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein. Winners are solely responsible for abiding by the income reporting and, if applicable, the payment of any taxes due per their jurisdiction’s applicable laws and regulations. Prizes will be awarded “AS IS” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, outside of manufacturer's limited warranty, if any, and consist of only the items specifically listed. Warranties regarding prizes (if any) are subject to the manufacturer's terms, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty. Sponsor will not be responsible for any portion of a prize that may not be available due to any event beyond Sponsor’s control.
- GENERAL: This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of Entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional Entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all Entries submitted by the entrant will be declared null and void. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Any Entry that is suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
- RELEASE: By participating in this Giveaway and/or accepting a prize, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Shure Incorporated, Long & McQuade Limited, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, including Marden-Kane, Inc., and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Giveaway or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, or for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Except where prohibited, participation in this Giveaway and acceptance of a prize, constitutes each winner’s consent to the Sponsor and its agents for the use of winner’s name, city/state of residence, and/or likeness for promotional purposes (including publicly posting winner’s name on a winners list) in any media, worldwide, without further notice or compensation.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or mutilated email, mail, mail containing insufficient postage, or other communications, or for any technical problems, faulty, lost, garbled, incomplete, incorrect or mistranscribed data/phone/or other transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participating in or utilizing any materials in connection with this Giveaway. Released Parties are not responsible for any malfunctions or breakdown of any network systems, unavailable service connections, lost, incomplete or faulty network connectivity of any kind, failures of any service providers, or any combination thereof, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in this Giveaway. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Released parties assume no responsibility for undeliverable email messages resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user, user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account or any other inability to receive email. Released Parties will have no responsibility for promotional or other Giveaway related materials that may be illegible, mutilated, altered, forged, or tampered with in any way, or for printing, typographical, technical, mechanical, or other errors. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of available prizes stated in these Official Rules.
- DISPUTES: All questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to its choice of laws or conflict of law provisions. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. By participating in this Promotion, entrant agrees that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to the lower of either reasonable or actual out of pocket costs incurred to enter, but in no event attorneys' fees; and under no circumstances will entrants/winners be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants/winners hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (as stated above), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
- NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to cancel or modify the Promotion if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason or event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to a Force Majeure event or occurrence, an “act of God” (e.g., natural disaster, etc.) or an unforeseeable health event (e.g., pandemic) making it inadvisable, impractical, impossible or illegal or which materially affects a parties ability to perform its obligations under this agreement in whole or in part, or if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Released Parties impairs the security, integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Promotion is so cancelled, prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to such action. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void such Entry. Sponsor and/or its agent reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the participant fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- WINNERS LIST: To receive a list of winners, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed #10 envelope to: Shure Ultimate Mic Vault Canada Winners, 5800 West Touhy Avenue, Niles, IL 60714-4608, USA, to be received by June 14, 2022. The winners list be available on or about June 21, 2022 or after all winners have been verified.
- MISCELLANEOUS: In the event of any conflict between the English version of these Official Rules and any translation, the English version shall prevail. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision herein shall not affect in any way the validity and enforceability of any other provision in these Official Rules.
Sponsor: Shure Incorporated, 5800 West Touhy Avenue, Niles, IL, United States 60714-4608.
Administrator: Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset, NY, United States 11791-3416.
Copyright 2022 Marden-Kane Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the entrant’s personal use only.