SHURE ULTIMATE HOME STUDIO MAKEOVER
LIMITED TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Ultimate Home Studio Makeover presented by Shure Incorporated (the “Contest” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who are legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (19 in AL and NE, 21 in MS, and 18 in all remaining states and the District of Columbia). Void where prohibited or restricted by law or in a manner inconsistent with these Official Rules. Employees of Shure Incorporated (“Sponsor” or “Shure”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, authorized dealers, licensees, advertising, and promotion agencies, including Marden-Kane, Inc. (the “Administrator”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, grandparents and children, and the spouses and “step” relatives of each, regardless of where they live), and individuals living in the same households whether related or not, are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. TIMING. The Contest will be conducted in two (2) phases, as detailed below.
|PHASE 1||Begins at 12:00:00 AM ET on||Ends 11:59:59 PM ET on|
|Contest Registration Period||October 7, 2022||November 30, 2022|
|Finalist Drawing||December 2, 2022|
|PHASE 2||Begins on/about||Ends on/about|
|Finalist Entry Submission Period||December 6, 2022||December 14, 2022|
|Judging of Finalist Entries||December 15, 2022||December 20, 2022|
|Winner Announcement||on/about January 5, 2023|
Note: All dates are based in the Eastern Time Zone. Computer designated by Sponsor is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to extend the Finalist Entry Submission Period (Phase 2) if not enough qualified entries are received by the conclusion of the Finalist Entry submission period which could limit the Sponsor from awarding all three (3) Contest prizes. If the Finalist Entry submission period is extended such notice will be published on the Contest Website at https://p.shure.com/ultimatehomestudio-us. All dates are subject to change. All decisions of Sponsor are binding and final.
3. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS.
Phase 1: Register for the Contest
- To register for a chance to qualify to be a Finalist in the Contest, visit https://p.shure.com/ultimatehomestudio-us (the Contest “Website”) and follow the instructions to complete and submit the online form. You must complete all required information on the form and follow the instructions to select the prize category that you would most like to win/enter for (each a “Prize Category”). See Section 5 below for details on all available Prize Categories.
- Limit one registration per person.
- All registrations received during the Contest Registration Period will be entered into a random drawing to select up to 10 Finalists for each Prize Category.
- By registering for the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding.
Phase 2: Finalist Entry Submissions
- Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representative Marden-Kane, Inc., will attempt to notify all potential Finalists on or after December 5, 2022 via email and/or phone. Finalist must respond within the time period designated in the notification or Finalist may be disqualified and an alternate Finalist may be contacted, time permitting.
- All qualified Finalists will be required to submit an essay, describing in 250 words or fewer why they want to win the prize package that they selected (the “Finalist Entry” or “Entry”).
- All details and instructions for completing and submitting a Finalist Entry will be provided to each Finalist at time of notification.
- Judging - All Finalist Entries received for each Prize Category will be judged by Shure representatives based on the following criteria: Demonstrates how the prize will impact your life–70%; Originality and Creativity of project–10%; Enthusiasm–10%; Sincerity–10%.
- The Finalist with the highest scoring entry in each Prize Category will be deemed the winner. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be reviewed by a judge determined by Sponsor who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate the Entries according to the above judging criteria.
Finalist Entry Submission Guidelines: Finalist Entries must be submitted in English and be Finalist’s own original work. Finalist Entry must not in any way disparage Sponsor or any persons or entities; Entry must not contain offensive words, statements or content (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group); Entry must not in any other way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations; must not contain illegal content; and must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
Sponsor/Judges reserve the right to disqualify any Entry that they determine has violated the spirit of the Contest or breached a representation or warranty at any time. Entries that do not comply with the Official Rules, including, without limitation, any Entry that refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Contest or any other person or entity may be disqualified. Entries not complying with the Official Rules may be withdrawn without notice from the Contest at any time at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or Administrator.
Once an Entry is submitted, the Entry is final and may not be modified by Entrant. Material submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Information collected from Entrant will only be used in a manner consistent with these Official Rules.
By participating in the Contest, each Finalist represents and warrants that (i) the Entry complies with these Official Rules, (ii) Finalist owns or has obtained all necessary rights to the materials submitted, and (iii) no part of the Entry violates, infringes or otherwise conflicts in any way with any copyright, trademark or any other right of any third party. Shure reserves the right to contact all participants in connection with the Contest and to request additional information to confirm compliance with the Official Rules.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The Administrator will attempt to contact potential winners via phone and/or email and such potential winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form, a W-9 Tax form (which will be used solely for tax reporting purposes), and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively “Documents”), in a manner and within the time specified by the Administrator. All completed Documents must be received by the Administrator within 5 days (including Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays) of attempted delivery of same, unless otherwise specified. Failure to return required Documents or respond to a notification within the time specified or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event a potential winner is deemed ineligible or is unable to claim the prize as specified, the potential winner will be disqualified, and the next highest scoring entry for the Prize Category will be contacted. An entrant is not deemed a winner of any prize unless and until (i) the entrant’s eligibility has been verified, (ii) all requirements determined by the Sponsor to claim a prize have been fulfilled, and (iii) the entrant has been notified that the verification process is complete. Prizes will be awarded within 6 to 8 weeks of winner confirmation unless otherwise noted.
5. PRIZE CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”).
The ARV is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace and is based on the fair market value of the prize at the time the Official Rules are published. Winners are not entitled to any difference between the ARV stated herein and the value of the prize at the time the prize is awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute where lawful, a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. No substitutions or transfer of prize or any prize element by winner is permitted.
Winners will be solely responsible for any applicable federal, state, and local taxes and any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein. The value of the prize is taxable as income and winners will receive an IRS form 1099 reflecting the ARV stated herein. Prizes will be awarded “AS IS” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, outside of manufacturer's limited warranty, if any, and consist of only the items specifically listed. Warranties regarding prizes (if any) are subject to the manufacturer's terms, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty. Sponsor will not be responsible for any portion of a prize that may not be available due to any event beyond Sponsor’s control.
6. GENERAL: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of registrations permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional registrations by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all registrations submitted by the entrant will be declared null and void. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Any registration/Entry that is suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
7. RELEASE: By participating in this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Shure Incorporated, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, including Marden-Kane, Inc., and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, or for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Except where prohibited, participation in this Contest and acceptance of a prize constitutes each winner’s consent to the Released Parties and its agents for the use of winner’s name, city/state of residence, and/or likeness, for promotional purposes (including publicly posting winner’s name on a winners list) in any media, worldwide, without further notice or compensation.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or mutilated email, mail, mail containing insufficient postage, or other communications, or for any technical problems, faulty, lost, garbled, incomplete, incorrect or mistranscribed data/phone/or other transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participating in or utilizing any materials in connection with this Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for any malfunctions or breakdown of any network systems, unavailable service connections, lost, incomplete or faulty network connectivity of any kind, failures of any service providers, or any combination thereof, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in this Contest. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Released Parties assume no responsibility for undeliverable email messages resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user, user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account or any other inability to receive email. Released Parties will have no responsibility for promotional or other Contest related materials that may be illegible, mutilated, altered, forged, or tampered with in any way, or for printing, typographical, technical, mechanical, or other errors. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of available prizes stated in these Official Rules.
9. DISPUTES: All questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its choice of laws or conflict of law provisions. CLAIMS MAY NOT BE RESOLVED THROUGH ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. By participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to the lower of either reasonable or actual out of pocket costs incurred to enter, but in no event attorneys' fees; and under no circumstances will entrants/winners be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants/winners hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (as stated above), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
10. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason or event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to a Force Majeure event or occurrence, an “act of God” (e.g., natural disaster, etc.) or an unforeseeable health event (e.g., pandemic) making it inadvisable, impractical, impossible or illegal or which materially affects a parties ability to perform its obligations under this agreement in whole or in part, or if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Released Parties impairs the security, integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event any/all portions of the Contest are cancelled, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to any participant in connection with this Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void such Entry. Sponsor and/or its agent reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the participant fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
11. PERSONAL DATA: Submission of an Entry constitutes your consent to participate in the Contest and for use and sharing of your personal data among and by the Released Parties. Personal data submitted will be stored, shared, and used by the Released Parties in accordance with applicable terms of the privacy policies at https://www.shure.com/en-US/meta/privacy and as otherwise set out in these Official Rules for the purpose of administering this Contest. You expressly agree to the use and sharing of your personal information for such purpose. Your personal information will not be sold, shared, or otherwise disclosed in any manner with third parties, other than to those parties necessary to fulfill the above purposes, unless you have given your prior express consent to receive additional information from a Released Party or a third party.
12. WINNERS LIST: To receive a list of winners, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed #10 envelope to: Ultimate Home Studio Makeover Winners, 5800 West Touhy Avenue, Niles, IL 60714-4608, to be received by December 30, 2022. The winners list will be available on or after January 5, 2023 or after all winners have been verified.
Sponsor: Shure Incorporated, 5800 West Touhy Avenue, Niles, IL 60714-4608.
Administrator: Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791-3416.
Copyright 2022 Marden-Kane Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the entrant’s personal use only.